Writing Plans for 2017

Photo credit: marceline (asking for trouble) on Flickr
So with the 2016 coming to a close, the time is arriving for everyone to take a look at the upcoming year. And for writers, it means thinking about what we'd like to accomplish next year.

While I'm not coming up with resolutions quite yet (that'll be next), I have started thinking about more concrete writing plans for the new year. For me, this is helpful because I'm a very plan-oriented person, and it gives me some peace of mind to know I've got something planned coming down the pipeline.

Next year, Beyond the Red's sequel, Into the Black publishes in the fall, so my top priority is finishing revisions so I can get the manuscript to my editor and await more revisions. ;) Sometime after I turn that in, I'll also need to first draft The Rising Gold, which publishes fall 2018, and work on initial revisions for that too.

But when I'm not working on the Beyond the Red trilogy? I've got a lot of possibilities right now. I have three first drafted manuscripts, two of which are ready for revisions, so I'll have to decide which I want to prioritize so I can get that revised and to my agent. I've also got a YA Latinx Fantasy idea I'm playing around with that I'd like to start considering seriously and plot out in the near future so I can potentially first draft it next year and get that going, too.

So if all goes smoothly, this time next year I'll hopefully have first drafted two manuscripts, and revised two or three (or maybe four?) others. Which...thinking about it is a pretty ambitious goal, but I did first draft three manuscripts and revise one this year so you never know. It could happen. Maybe.

Either way, I've got a lot of great projects lined up that I'm excited to work on. Writing-wise, 2016 was a good year, and I hope 2017 is even better.

What are your writing plans for 2017?

Twitter-sized bite:
Have you started making your writing plans for 2017? Join the discussion on @Ava_Jae's blog. (Click to tweet)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...